|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is people-orientated, safety and results driven, while valuing inclusion
- Utilise your extensive environment experience and strategic thinking to improve Environmental outcomes
- Challenging and dynamic position based in Brisbane
About the role
The Environment Manager – Pacific Operations - Aluminium is responsible for strategic and risk area of environment. They will understand complex environment issues across the portfolio and work with the internal and external stakeholder plus various government agencies to mitigate the risks of Rio Tinto.
Reporting to the HSE Business Partner Pacific Operations, you will:
- Manage the environment strategic risk of the Pacific Operations portfolio working closely with the operational teams, group risk team and the rest of the environment team based out of Brisbane and Montreal.
- Liaise with government agencies assisting in gaining various environmental approvals
- Understand the complex environment issues within the portfolio and the risks they have
- Lead a small and dedicated team of environment experts
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Be an environment or engineering professional
- Had substantial experience working with complex environment issues and understanding their risks and working through these issues
- Worked with government agencies to gain approvals
- Strategic thinker with strong influencing skills
Where you will be working
This role will be based in Brisbane where Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are passionate about having an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we encourage you to drive positive change.
This role is subject to Rio Tinto's Pre-employment Screening Standard and will involve your consent to conduct occupational health assessments and pre-employment checks.