|Job Type:||Full Time|
Specialist Closure Planning
- Successful mine rehabilitation and closure is a complex, challenging and rewarding field of work
- Be part of our multidisciplinary team responsible for strategic closure planning for our future and existing operations
- Perth CBD Location – Monday to Friday
About the role
We are looking for a Closure Planning Specialist to support the business in rehabilitation and closure planning.
This role is a great opportunity for a Rehabilitation & Closure practitioner to provide advice to the business to assess, manage and minimise risks as they relate to Rehabilitation & Closure. Working Monday to Friday with limited travel to our operations in the Pilbara, you will:
- Participate in closure representation on various mining and closure studies;
- Ensure development of our site closure plans to meet project and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure closure aspects are considered in our mine planning, design and operation;
- Identify opportunities for progressive rehabilitation;
- Be involved in improvement projects;
- Develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree in Environmental / Biological Science or Engineering;
- Project and contractor management experience;
- Experience in preparing mine closure plans for mining operations;
- Experience in mining / rehabilitation / restoration;
- GIS skills;
- Strong communication skills.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Basic Vulcan skills;
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options;
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more);
- Possible domestic relocation assistance.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 25th November 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.