|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Access to industry-leading technical development programmes
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Enjoy an exceptional work life balance with an 8/6 roster - Pannawonica
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Mine Planning Engineer to produce the site’s short term plans to a high standard with relevant optionality and flex.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer and working in a challenging and exciting environment within Mine Technical Services you will be responsible for the pit development planning, driving the key milestones upon which production targets depend, monthly conformance reporting, and mine design support. You will have a strong focus on continuous improvement, be passionate about making sustainable improvements and be accountable for grade quality performance. This opportunity will suit dynamic engineers looking for a technical challenge and to take the next step in their career.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering are preferred
- Demonstrated experience within an open cut mining environment (preferably iron ore), ideally coupled with mine planning experience
- Strong software skills with experience in Alastri products and Maptek Vulcan desirable
- Have a strong focus on meeting key milestones, operational constrains and production risk mitigation
- Can positively influence the behaviours of those around them, and effectively collaborate with a diverse stakeholder group
- Be ready to tackle everything with a can-do attitude and great sense of humour
- Ability to challenge the status quo and devise new ways of working
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, an excellent primary school with options to undertake secondary school studies in a supervised distance education program, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre.
Where you’ll be working
Located in the scenic Pilbara region and close to the major centre of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidised housing. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, an excellent primary school with options to undertake secondary school studies in a supervised distance education program, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre.
The roster offered is currently dependent on operational requirements and may be subject to change in the future. Roles are only available to those either willing to relocate to or those currently residing in Western Australia.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.