|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rail Network Maintenance Response: Track Maintainer
About the role:
We are looking for a Track Maintainer to play a key role within the Rail division.
The Rio Tinto Rail Network response team responds to faults and asset failures identified throughout the rail network and executes remediation work to minimise system impact; RNM is accountable for the safe and efficient recovery of faults and incidents associated with Signalling, Track, Civil and Rolling Stock failures that have potential to cause immediate system impact. RNM Response also conduct primary maintenance activities and inspections based on preventative maintenance tactics for all Track, Signalling and Civil network infrastructure
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to work in the Coastal area of the Pilbara working on a Karratha residential 4 days, 4 nights and 6 off roster or fly in fly out 4 days, 4 nights and 6 off roster from Perth, reporting to the Supervisor Track Maintenance Coastal:
- Conducting primary maintenance and breakdown repairs to RTIO rail network assets, including but not limited to; turnouts, IRJ’s, frogs and sleepers
- Safely executing breakdown repairs and recovery of various rolling stock assets including derailment scenarios
- Working inside the Network Response teams for the safe execution of breakdown repairs across the Coastal portfolio
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with all RTIO Company Policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects – increasing safety whilst reducing risk & cost
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification
- Cert 2 in Rail Infrastructure is advantageous
- WA C Class Drivers Licence & HR Licence
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing
- Problem solving skills
- Aluminothermic Welding Certificate or extensive Off-sider experience
- Experienced with operating rail specific plant, Sax Grinders, Clipping Machines, Shears
- Experience working with rail specific Hand Tools
- High risk Work Licenses desired - DG, C2, CV
- Experience with Rolling Stock recovery highly regarded
- Ability to work cooperatively in small team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptation to business requirements
What’s on offer
- Domestic relocation assistance may be provided
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometres in length with over 40 trains operating per day. We are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. We strongly welcome and encourage diverse candidate applications. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.