|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who You’ll Work With
Rakuten Mobile, Inc. (RMI) is an entity established for the launch of its mobile carrier business as an MNO (Mobile Network Operator.) We aim to provide the most attractive and convenient services which meet the customer’s needs and demands by its own innovative technology and spirit. In order to produce future world-standard innovations, we challenge the best of our own possibilities and address to build a workplace with an environment and system full of opportunities. We're looking for talented individuals who can take on and enjoy this challenge with us.
As a member of our Team, you will be responsible for supporting the 4G/5G mobility network for Rakuten Mobile in Japan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
In this highly visible role as
High Touch Engineer
As part of the Cisco FTS organisation, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical Service organisations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco's key customers.
The function of a High Touch Engineer (H.T.E.) helps customers maximise network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The HTE delivers the technologies, solutions and services to customers in need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
We are looking to recruit a candidate keen to develop further their career, who are not afraid of change, and eager to grasp complex challenges, working side by side with seasoned engineers.
This is an opportunity for someone who possesses patience, empathy for customers, and the wish to hone skills whilst providing customer value.
Key Objectives of the Role and the Team
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams.
- Build relationship with customer to understand in a better way their environment to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests.
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer operations.
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer’s infrastructure, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer
- Customer-specific designated support to resolve and debug complex problems
- Escalation support for critical outages and complex issues.
- Proactively monitor and review the progress of all customer cases and engage as necessary.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on escalated or reoccurring issues (problems) as necessary.
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly case review calls to drive resolution on reactive break/fix issues.
- Technical input/contribution to QBR and other customer direct engagements.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
We are looking for new talent with the following qualities and skills:
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- No personal technology religion, but a desire to become the expert of the customer's technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a team player and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and stellar interpersonal skills
- Possess strong presentation and communications skills
- Have strong time management skills
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS qualified (favourable - IT, Comp Science, Electrical Engineering).
- Cisco certifications are preferred (CCIE etc).
- You are an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen.
- You've been working for 10 years since graduating with your latest degree.
- Cisco Data Centre and Virtualisation technology experience
- Possess basic skills in Java/Python, Database knowledge, and scripting