At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
The Superintendent will lead a team of 10 Geologist across BHP’s Central and Northern Pilbara operations to be a motivated, safety focussed, results-driven team that fosters a positive, innovative and inclusive environment.
Key focus areas for the role include:
- Safe and sustainable team and program management within CNPH Field Geology.
- Continually supporting culture and capability development within immediate team as well as more broadly across Geoscience.
- Trade-off decision making between technical outcomes vs operational cost, aligned to business and budget commitments.
- Driving a “One-team” mentality across stakeholder groups, with teams working collaboratively across reporting lines to achieve best possible business outcomes.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement, to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of work.
As a team we embrace and encourage flexibility and support a variety of flexible work arrangements.
We’re seeking an individual who demonstrates the below;
- A strong commitment to safety,
- Displays strong people leadership and project management skills, and can work collaboratively with other teams to achieve results.
- Stakeholder engagement skills are essential in establishing effective working relationships across multiple teams within P&T WAIO stakeholder groups and contract partners.
- Prior experience in Technical Geoscience/ Exploration activities would be preferred.
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 / 4:3 roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.