|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Downer Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
Experiencing business success with increasing project pipelines across our Construction and Concrete teams, we have a need for a passionate and high-performing Contract Administrator based in Taupo. In this busy and varied role, you’ll be a key member of the team and will provide high quality support, administration and coordination for our people.
About the role
Reporting to the Performance Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing high quality administration and contract support services to team members in a professional and timely manner. You will be the central point of contact for the Transport Services Construction and Concrete divisions administration and customer service queries. You will also:
- Conduct administration functions in line with company policies, business systems and correct accounting practices
- Supply and maintain quality and accurate physical and electronic records
- Accurately raise and process purchase orders, invoices and work orders
- Assist with month end reporting
- Support other Administrators as required
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal teams as well as external suppliers and clients
Where no two days will be the same, your highly organised approach and excellent attention to detail would be key to your success in this role. There will be multiple deadlines to meet each month, hence it is a must for you to be deadline-focussed and have spectacular time-management skills. You will have a friendly personality with a solutions focused attitude. You will also have:
- Previous experience in a similar or a client-facing customer service role
- Experience in financial systems including raising POs, invoicing and claims
- A high level of proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with accurate data entry and administration support
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in building and maintaining relationships at all levels
We would prefer you to also:
- Have experience using JD Edwards software
- Be experienced in using SharePoint
- Have an understanding of Local Authority and Transport services contracts
Benefits of joining the Downer team:
We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. Downer fosters a strong focus for our people on training and development, this provides excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career. We also offer:
- A competitive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements
- The chance to join a fun, friendly and supportive team
- Ongoing training and support to be successful in this role
- Tools of trade including a computer and phone
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 574546 and register your interest along with your resume.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.