|Job Type:||Full Time|
Diona is an award-winning business built on a solid reputation and more than 40 years’ experience. We are specialists in cable laying installations, water, sewer and gas pipelines, as well as drainage and concrete construction. Our services encompass every aspect of utility infrastructure design and construction.
We are currently looking for a talented Lead Designer with strong design experience that will assist us deliver a number different construction & utility infrastructure projects across South East Queensland. As a Lead Designer you will manage the design of drawings for engineering project work, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and practices. Reporting to the Design Manager based in Murarrie you will also;
- Preparing schedules and allocating resources to enable design drawings for engineering projects to be completed on time and within budget.
- Be the key liaison with draftspersons and engineering staff to ensure overall project goals are met.
- Manage progress and initiate remedial action where required.
- Provide high level technical expertise and support for all design drawings as required.
- Lead and input into the preparation of preliminary and detailed designs drawings.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have excellent project management skills with ability to use complex technical knowledge to analyse and interpret information of a standard nature. You will also:
- 5-10+ years' experience in a similar role working in construction and utility industry.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Have familiarity with WSAA Code (and if possible SEQ Code).
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and because we believe that people are our most valuable asset, we invest in, and support our employees’ personal and professional growth. Some of the ways we do this is through ongoing professional development, leadership and mentoring programs, paid parental leave and professional memberships and subscriptions.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then APPLY NOW or if you require further information, contact Marnie Stewart on 07 3895 3444 for a confidential discussion.