|Location:||West Pennant Hills|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our ITS Operations Team change how we travel. Especially in Intelligent Transport Systems where the brightest ideas and most inspired engineering translate into safer, more efficient roads - to keep us moving As an ITS Operations Engineer, you'll monitor and maintain critical operational electronic and information technology systems ensuring the smooth and safe flow of traffic over Sydney's traffic corridors.
Our world-leading Intelligent Transport Systems teams create roads for the future. They make toll collections automated and easy. They build advanced control systems that monitor and manage traffic on the road - that can detect traffic incidents, and even predict when an accident is more likely to happen. They make roads ready for driverless cars, and co-ordinate smart traffic flow to get us where we're going faster. A career here makes a difference you can feel.
The impact you'll have
- Working together, you'll provide guidance and direction to sub-contractors and other teams, to resolve and escalate system faults, conduct maintenance and restoration works
- You'll act as an escalation point, and provide 1st and 2nd level support to our Traffic Control and Operations Centres - you'll maintain applications, client operation systems, desktop equipment, server equipment, specialised systems and networked systems
- You'll ensure our ITS Systems are performing to their availability and reliability targets - you'll monitor them closely and conduct maintenance and system upgrades to keep them operating at their best.
- You'll provide 1st and 2nd level support to ETC Systems through the maintenance and administration of Roadside Tolling Systems
- You'll ensure the operational integrity of all systems by conducting routine system backups, system recovery and media recycling procedures
- You'll monitor and maintain all sorts of specialised equipment including PABXs and Trunked radio, data network equipment, CCTV equipment, Traffic Flow Systems, PLCs and Building Security System
- You'll never stop improving, keeping up to date with emerging technology - always thinking bigger
The talents you'll bring
- You'll have at least 2 years' experience supporting wither technology or PLC control systems
- You've worked in a similar role maintaining critical systems in electrical, electronic or IT system support.
- You've completed your TAFE or trade qualifications in Electrical, Electronic or IT Systems, so you know your stuff
- Analytical and incisive, you'll spot issues and use your own ingenuity - and that of your team - to solve problems collaboratively.
- You'll be organised, efficient and decisive in in prioritising the tasks that count, pressure doesn't faze you
- A natural problem solver and people person, you'll communicate well with contractors,
- You have a license to drive - you love everything about our roads after all
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with study assistance, training and career planning.
- We'll offer flexible leave, insurance and salary continuance.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations, fitness classes, fresh fruit and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- Initially based in North Ryde, you will get the chance to be based from other locations in future, making it convenient for where you live
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Click Apply now.