|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Deployment experience across Local Area Networks (LANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Experience in network protocols, hardware, circuits and technologies troubleshooting.
- Network automations experience.
- Experience in configuring enterprise-class routers, switches, firewalls and wireless controllers; Juniper, Cisco, Arista, HP.
- Experience with Unix systems administration.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies and protocols (ARP, Ethernet, DHCP, IPSec, GRE, Wi-Fi standards, routing protocols, DNS, RADIUS, 802.1x).
About the job
Google's network provides services to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Deployment team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. The team configures and installs network gear including running cables, hardware setup and decommissioning old gear as we're in a constant upgrade cycle. You have an appetite for accuracy and conduct site surveys and audits to verify that each network site has been built to the right specifications. A typical day can sometimes be physically demanding, but you're willing to participate in field deployments that are often off-site and off-hours. Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, you'll also develop creative approaches to keep operational costs low and improve the efficiency of our ever-growing infrastructure.
As a Network Implementation Engineer for Corporate Network Implementation, you will be involved in implementing IP routing/switching technologies and protocols while utilizing knowledge of Linux OS and networking. You will also get to evaluate existing systems and processes, determining their effectiveness.
Within the team, you will work in a collaborative approach with other engineers to create and maintain best practices across the team to ensure quality and efficiency of deployments. You will also work on designing solutions and ensuring the compatibility of system components. In this role, you will also provide technical support to both internal and external partners.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure delivery of multi-vendor networks. Configure, upgrade, or work with network switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, and other devices.
- Troubleshoot issues within the global network. Drive resolution of escalated network issues, perform fault isolation, and trouble resolution on network protocols, technologies, hardware, software, and circuits.
- Provide technical leadership for complex projects to increase stability of the network. Maintain and enhance training and technical documentation, and provide training.
- Review deployed technologies, performance, capacity, and standard level agreements (SLAs) from a strategic point of view and provide recommendations that spawn new projects for the team. Evaluate existing systems and processes to determine effectiveness.
- Partner with engineering to provide life cycle management of network designs, software selections, validation, and rollout for fleet. Drive high level strategy for larger and/or complex deployments.