Welcoming a new Diploma Qualified Educator with a spark for the job, who are passionate about working with infants, toddlers and preschool aged children. If you are a committed Educator that is not afraid to get on the children’s level and engage in play to provide both the support and hands on activities that children need to thrive – We want to hear from YOU!
Uniting Early Learning are currently seeking a committed and inspiring Diploma Qualified Educator to join their team on 12 month fixed term part-time basis at Uniting Early Learning Medowie working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
We want to continue to grow as a committed team of educators that provide a nurturing environment that fosters a child led rhythm to learning.Catering to the individual needs and interests of our children, our Educators work alongside our children and encourage them to be in the moment.
Uniting Early Learning Medowie is the home of one of the highest achieving children’s centers in the Port Stephens Area.Our service is approved for 51 children which fosters a personalised and caring approach. Our indoor learning space is warm and welcoming and our large outdoor area provides a stimulating environment for children to explore. Our team is dedicated to creating an environment for learning, personal growth, and confidence.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
What do I need to succeed?
- Diploma in Children Services or equivalent, with experience working in a long day care or preschool
- A work history that demonstrates recording observations, writing learning stories and supporting the planning of a successful curriculum using the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Knowledge of Storeypark (advantageous)
- Understand the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- High level literacy, and expert at documenting children’s ideas, interests and learnings
- Must hold a current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Strong interpersonal skills (approachable, go-getter, positive attitude, team player)
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.