About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Document Control Manager to join our South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA). This is a 6-9 month fixed term parental leave cover role which has a possibility of being extended or converted to permanent. This role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA) are working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Liaise with Project Owner on the establishment and set-up of Information Exchange System (TeamBinder) that adheres to business standards
- Establish, implement and manage procedures regarding the storing, updating and distribution management of documentation that comply with internal procedures and regulatory requirements
- Assist Quality and Completions team in setting up the electronic structure of completion/handover forms and ensure uploads, distribution, review and close out are effectively maintained, tracked and on schedule
- Perform regular audits on TeamBinder framework and use to ensure system integrity is maintained
- Train & supervise Document Control team members, as well as training of project staff in TeamBinder
- Demonstrable expertise using TeamBinder
- Rail specific experience, with knowledge of the As-Built process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing a team
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.