At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced trainers with extensive experience across all aspects of underground mining services and development processes and techniques. Based at Olympic Dam, this role will see you providing classroom and on the job training to introduce team members to Mine Services and Mine Development.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently enable Health and Safety in the workplace as a number one priority.
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable crews to work safely.
- Provide classroom and on the job training, coaching and mentoring to new employees to ensure adherence to all relevant processes and procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve workplace practices and procedures within Mine Services and Mine Development.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to run classroom-style training and in-field training sessions
- Prior experience across Underground Mining practices essential.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results.
- A valid Driver’s Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Well-versed in Underground Mining with the capability to teach, at a minimum, all entry-level roles in a hands-on manner.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.