|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Utilise your strong financial analysis skills in this key role
- Long term permanent opportunity on the Hunter Class program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Project Controller in our ASC Shipbuilding team based in the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Hunter Class Frigate Program team (HCFP), you will partner with the Project teams to control the costs for our Supply Chain Integrated Project Team. You will gather and analyse project and financial performance data, information, metrics and analytics including Earned value management (EVM) to enable effective project management and decision making.
Your Key responsibilities will incorporate:
Own the continued development and maintenance of Key Artefacts and Structures on HCFP which include but is not limited to the:
Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS)
Organisational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS)
Assure integrity of key artefacts and structures and integrity of data contained in the project controls system
Work closely and support the HCFP CAM community to assure compliance with the Earned Value Management Plan, understanding variance causes and impacts, then developing strategies for recovery as required
Manage the integration of financial data between Project Controls System and Financial Systems
Reporting and performance/Financial Analysis
- Support contributions to monthly project reporting, internal and external reviews
- Manage the delivery of performance/financial reporting and analysis of data to the project on a monthly basis including incorporating analytical techniques to identify trends and initiate corrective actions
- Develop a suite of metrics showing project health
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working within a project controls environment using Earned Value Management or in Project Finance/Accounting role in defence or complex engineering/ infrastructure program
- Proven analysis experience of Project Controls data to identify problems and issues early and support the development of timely and effective solutions.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces and communicate these to varied audiences
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Experience using Primavera P6, Open Plan, Cobra and Microsoft Excel will be highly regarded
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.
- Manage the integration of project financial data between the Project Controls System and Financial Systems.