|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Partner with and provide procurement support to select division(s) within the Planning, Integration and Assets (PIA) function.
- Collaborate with the regional and global procurement teams to deliver projects across a broad spectrum of goods and services.
- Fixed Term and Permanent Opportunities
- Permanent | Location: Perth CBD
About the role
We are looking for a highly experienced Procurement Specialist to be the key focal point and work closely with the divisions (e.g. Asset Management, Technical Services, Studies) to understand business priorities and translate them into executable procurement strategies, ensuring alignment with the regional and global Procurement teams. The Specialist will be responsible for leading or supporting a number of sourcing or category projects, reviewing the business spend and proposing value driving opportunities.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a partnering mindset coupled with credible procurement/category management experience and appetite to add value by improving competitive supply of goods/service resulting in cost savings for our Asset.
Reporting to the Business Partner, PIA, you will:
- Support the business in the drive to identify efficiency improvements in the supply chain and embed safety standards within the supplier base
- Develop and maintain, proactive and productive relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the business in identifying innovative and entrepreneurial ideas for value creation through cash release and/or productivity improvements
- Lead, connect and facilitate the interactions between the business stakeholders and the broader Procurement team with respect to sourcing and category strategies
- Contribute to the commercial strategies by considering indigenous and local procurement, emerging market opportunities, productivity and total cost of ownership
- Lead/support (as required) end to end sourcing process / projects and supplier management.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Minimum Bachelor degree/post graduate qualification in Commerce, Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain or equivalent
- Solid procurement/sourcing/contracts processes work experience, ideally within Mining/Resources sector
- Excellent communication skills to influence, engage and build strong rapport with key stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrated experience in delivering process improvement initiatives
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation expertise, coupled with the ability to formulate and present contracts and category strategies
- Effective time management skills, the ability to balance competing priorities and experience in a matrix reporting style environment
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Procurement provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for all operations and businesses. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable savings for the Group.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.