|Job Type:||Full Time|
Procurement Specialist - Caustic
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Permanent | Location: Brisbane CBD
About the role
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist - Caustic to contribute for the procurement of caustic soda for RTArefineries in Australia, Brazil and Canada, and also provide categoryexpertise across the group from time to time.
This role is a great opportunity to provide guidance to analyst on fact base scope, contents and structure. Reporting to the Category Manager-Caustic Soda & Tech Services, Raw Materials & Services, you will be:
- Contributing to the development and deployment of world class category strategies
- Developing operational plans in support of the category strategy
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports on various contracting and procurement matte
- Contributing to the resolution of logistics and scheduling issues
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in a commercial or engineering discipline required
- Ability to analyse various cost scenarios and make cost tradeoff decisions also, mitigate various types of risks
- Relevant experience in procurement
- Experience in logistics supply chains, preferably marine bulk logistics
- Experience in Strategic supplier relationship management, Contract Management and strategic negotiation
What's On Offer
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months.
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family.
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme.
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options - rental, mortgage, super, vehicle.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Procurement provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for all operations and businesses. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable savings for the Group.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.