|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer – West Angelas
- Be part of a team with an exceptional safety culture
- Great opportunity to make a difference
- Join our close knit leadership team
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our West Angelas mine technical services team. This role is being offered on a family friendly 8 days on, 6 days off, fly in fly out roster.
In this site-based leadership role, you will lead and mentor a team responsible for the proactive management of geotechnical risk. You will also provide input into drill and blast design as well as slope monitoring system design, installation and performance management.
The roster offered is currently dependent on operational requirements and may be subject to change in the future. Roles are only available to those either willing to relocate to or those currently residing in Western Australia.
With tertiary qualifications in Science, Earth Science or Engineering, you will have considerable open pit operational geotechnical experience including structural/geological pit and/or surface mapping. You will also have experience in geotechnical logging, data collection and validation, along with excellent writing skills, attention to detail and an ability to problem solve.
What’s on offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Opportunity to be part of the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading performance and technology. Our iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on 25th November 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)