Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
The Contract Administrator provides administrative support to ensure project controls and compliance are achieved in accordance with Company and Client requirements.
- Processing and recording Project Variations in accordance with head contract and subcontracts;
- Alignment of SAP to main work list
- Review and approve Subcontractor Quotes and Purchase Orders up to the delegated authority
- Process all invoices in accordance with head contract and subcontracts
- Collate and provide Project Health data to support internal and external reporting requirements
- Ensure tasks are closed out in a timely fashion within SAP
- Support Production Managers to contractually close projects
- Support Finance as required to ensure progress and contractual claims are substantiated and submitted accurately and on time
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate SAP
- Experience in Contract or Project Administration roles
- You must be an Australian Citizen and hold or be eligible to attain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Prior experience in Defence sector
- Prior experience of Government contracts