Operations Services (OS) is BHP’s team providing maintenance and production services at multiple sites across Australia, completing work typically filled utilising contractors. OS is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3400 employees across Australia, and is committed to increasing employment opportunities for Australian regional communities by delivering stability and sustainability that is good for our people and good for communities.
Operations services are seeking experienced Production Trainer Assessors to deliver training at our Olympic Dam site in South Australia. The trainers will possess broad experience and competence, spanning a good deal of equipment associated with our Olympic Dam operations.
Trainer Assessors will be site-based on a 7/7 roster, offering FIFO options.
- Deliver competency based training materials to individuals or groups;
- Conduct Verification of Competencies for specific equipment to ensure new team members are competent and authorised to work;
- Review performance and implement training in line with business drivers;
- Contribute to the design of training plans and assist in training improvements;
- Ensure training materials are maintained in line with business and industry standards;
- Ensure team members are adequately skilled and are available across all shifts to ensure safe and effective execution of work;
- Work with team members to support upskilling and career progression;
- Coach and mentor team members on how to identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions relating to standardised work.
You will be a Certified Trainer Assessor and able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 12+ months on-the-job experience delivering certified operator training on production equipment
- Have an up-to-date Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment - preferably the TAE40116 or working towards achieving this.
- Experience across load & haul material movement, quarry operations, CAF placement and stockpile management.
- Ideally this will encompass experience with Scania R620 Double Trailer/Belly-Dumper, Explosives MMU (shotfirer), drills, as well as suite of CAT loading, haul, grader, water cart, carrier, dozer, and excavator.
- Possess a high level of computer literacy
- Have maintained currency with the equipment and work activities in which you train/assess;
- Proven organisational skills within a training environment and the ability to work autonomously;
- Exceptional skills in the presentation of material and the ability to build relationships;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively coach others in improvement and upskilling.
You will be empowered to make a real difference to our business. Your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced and valued.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.