|Job Type:||Full Time|
What you’ll do
Among Australia’s earliest adopters of the Google platform and agile methodologies, we are continually investing in future-focused IT solutions. We seek curious, innovative, and resourceful technology experts to help us pave the way and to make the most valuable impact.
The IT Product and Value Chain team partners with the business in enabling, delivering, and supporting technology solutions that are utilised across the Woolworths Group for own-brand product development, product withdrawal and recalls, merchandise and planning.
As a DevOps Lead, you will:
- Play a critical role in the strategic imperative by planning, directing, and coordinating the technical design, development, and operation of information systems and technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Devise software development and resource plans.
- Lead the end to end technical delivery engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure their development requirements are being met.
- Manage the design, development, testing, and documentation of complex projects on both an enterprise and small scale.
- Work in close association with the Product Manager by taking the end to end accountability of technology solution.
- Provide technical solutions/solution design.
- Design and internally review detailed design specifications.
- Manage ongoing 2nd level and 3rd level support of developed applications to reduce the impact of application defects and associated incidents and problems.
We are so much more than great supermarkets - we are a team of great people connected through our shared values. We are sustainably innovating to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
This is not your 'average' DevOps role - we are looking for candidates that have extensive technical development and SME experience. You will need to think innovatively, communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) and take ownership and initiative in every aspect of your work.
You will ideally have experience with:
- Leading and guiding a team of technical resources including the delivery of technical designs
- Working in an Agile DevOps environment ideally within the retail, digital or similar industries
- Solid Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Product Lifecycle Management including test automation
- Application of Software Quality Principles and Risk Management Middleware technologies such as Webmethods and Informatica and understanding of GCP and Azure
- Exposure to SaaS applications is desirable.
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.