|Job Type:||Full Time|
Facilities Maintenance Technician | Woolworths - VIC
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our VIC team
- Permanent full-time role
- Servicing Victoria locations
- Attractive remuneration package
- General handyman type maintenance works
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise, and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers, and manufacturers.
The Woolworths Facilities Management (WFM) Service team is one of the largest providers of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Services in Australia and operates around the country to support our stores, including performing day to day service and maintenance efficiently and with minimum disruption to our stores and customers. We are continuing to grow by providing outstanding engineering and maintenance solutions to our selected customers across the nation.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a “Facilities Maintenance Technician” to carry out in-house non-urgent building & shopfitting maintenance type works logged by our stores. Works are to be completed efficiently, cost effectively and within Health & Safety guidelines, all with a minimum of disruption to our customers. These roles cover a territory in the Victoria Region.
In this role you will:
- Perform general handyman type maintenance works
- Perform routine checks and audits
- Conduct work practices as per current WH&S regulations
- Identify cost saving maintenance initiatives within the business
- Maintain all current licences required to complete work functions.
- This role is a field based position based from our offices at Mulgrave and reports to the Assistant State Manager WFM.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a track record in the provision of maintenance services in a customer oriented environment and in multi-site operation
- Be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Be a confident communicator
- Display a high level of customer service, be outcome focused and a team player
- Have a qualified trades certificate or equivalent and current drivers licence
- Have current Work, Health & Safety qualifications.
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super and tool of trade vehicle.
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- Training and Education - we pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential
- Flexible work arrangements
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au