|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity for a talented Experience Design Lead
- Join a high growth digital bank
- Sydney CBD location, with WFH flexibility
At UBank, we want to help Australians take control of their money and we’re seeking a passionate person to join our team as a Lead in our Experience Design team. This role will work directly with our Mobile Banking team, to oversee, support and guide the design work created across iOS and Android. You will be responsible for guiding user research and clarifying business intent, as well as supporting designers and identifying optimisation opportunities in order to deliver a seamless customer experience
This role will significantly enhance the quality of the experience we deliver to our customers, increasing conversion, retention and overall satisfaction, which will enable the organisation to grow.
Your responsibilities would include…
- Leading the planning, execution and delivery of design work in order to meet business expectations and priorities.
- Leading a small team: overseeing, supporting and guiding their work.
- Hands on design thinking activities and initiatives, up to 50% of capacity.
- Working closely with Product Manager/Owners to shape collaboratively the vision of our product experiences.
- Collaborating with all areas of the business, in order to constantly improve ways of working and ultimately the quality of our product & service delivery.
- Working closely with the Experience Design Manager and other Experience Design Leads to improve the whole Experience Design team efficiencies: operational alignment and synergies, shared learnings, consistent artefact format, etc.
- Evangelising and educating the business around customers and Human Centred Design.
You’re a person who is…
- Extensive professional experience in a Human Centred Design role.
- Proven background and expertise in mobile app design in an agile environment.
- Strong ability to engage key stakeholders and knowing how to build and maintain relationships is a key success factor for this role.
- Able to simplify, to cut through the noise, to understand what’s important, communicate and inspire that clarity in others.
- Solid experience using Sketch and InVision.
- Proven experience in managing other designers is a plus.
- Equipped with a growth mindset… someone who is willing to see what’s always been done (whether that’s at UBank or the industry) and find ways to significantly improve it.
- Passionate about helping our customers and is obsessed with providing the ultimate customer experience. You treat every single customer the way you want to be treated.
- A team player who collaborates well with others.
We’re a small but mighty team of 310, with the majority of our team based in Sydney. We’re proud to be backed by NAB and work closely with stakeholders across the Group.
In 2020, we were included in the Best Place to Work Awards for the second year in a row (in the 100-999 employee’s category). We’re also the only bank to have ever made the list, which we are really proud of #gamechanger.
Every day, our passion for customers drives us to help our 600,000+ customers be the boss of their money with just four simple banking products. We obsess about new technologies that we can innovate with to make life better for our customers. In the last two years alone, we’ve launched Australia’s first chatbot to help with home loan applications (hello, RoboChat), the world’s first digital human to help with home loans (oh hey, Mia) and a Green Term Deposit to help you invest in a sustainable future (you’re welcome, planet).
The best part is we’re only just getting started and we need more awesome people to join the team.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.