|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Special Processes Engineer and your key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the industrial control of the Special Processes (SP) during manufacturing and warranty in Bellevue Facility for Metronet Project
- Develop Special Process competency with Procdution team
- Contribute to technology and activity transfers from India sites to Bellevue Facility
- Support supplier quality development tean for cab structure and bogie frame
Your key responsibilities will evolve throughout the life of the project from manufacturing to maintenance.
- Set up Special Processus (Crimping, gluing and torque tightening) in Bellevue site
- Arrange training and qualification with Production workforce under Alstom India leadership
- Perform Special process assessment in shop floor for ensuring quality performances
This role will be based in Bellevue facility in Jan 2021.
What you’ll bring to the team
- You will be a Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer.
- 5 years in Manufacturing industry and practice Special Process (execution, definition and qualification)
- High technical knowledge of Manufacturing engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing.
- Rigourus, Good communication.
- Good teaching skill (able to provide training to a group of trainees)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are require.