|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Friendly, safe community, great schools and a beautiful region to explore!
- Fully subsidised housing and utilities for huge financial savings
- Be part of a fun, professional team that is safety driven
We are inviting you to become a part of our family oriented tight-knit community and to enjoy the residential lifestyle in Pannawonica. Located in the scenic Pilbara region of Western Australia within close driving distance to the major centre of Karratha and renowned tourist destinations such as Millstream National Park, Exmouth, Onslow and Coral Bay, this vibrant community offers a sought-after laid-back lifestyle and heavily subsidised housing and utilities.
Our tight-knit team is looking for a motivated and experienced Fixed Plant Operator to become part of the Mesa J Fixed Plant team to provide support for the safe, efficient, forward-thinking plant maintenance to our assets. The role is a great opportunity for a motivated and safety-conscious individual looking for a new challenge.
Working a residential 7:7 roster (3 days, 4 nights, 7 off OR 4 days, 3 nights, 7 off)and reporting to the Processing Supervisor, you will be:
- Operating, carrying out routine inspections and maintaining the condition of the fixed plants
- Demonstrating commitment to safety in a team environment
- Demonstrating the ability to carry out basic fault find and diagnosis
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to daily targets
- Conducting routine activities to ensure safe and reliable operation of our area assets
- Involved in any manual handling associated with basic maintenance and inspection of the plant
- Working in a field role, monitoring of equipment, cleaning, hosing and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Working autonomously to monitor the process in a safe and effective manner
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A positive and energetic attitude towards your work and a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- A manual Australian C-Class Driver's Licence
- High-Risk Workers Licence, Forklift, Mobile work platform highly regarded
- Competency with the use of SAP and Raising Quality Notifications
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
Where you will be working
From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre. This is a rare opportunity, perfect for applicants with a young family whose children will become part of the Pannawonica Primary School community, which is a proud STEM school and recently won the Meritorious Leadership Award in the Governor’s School STEM Awards and the BHP Future Ready STEM Challenge in 2019, Pannawonica Primary has also been in the top 3 performing schools in the Pilbara for NAPLAN for the last 3 years. For more information on the town please follow this link
What’s on offer?
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Company housing provided in all residential towns
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
- Two flights to Perth per annum for you and your dependents
- Assistance with boarding costs for students in primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options that includes residential housing, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So, if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
Applications for this role will close on 09/12/2020, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.