|Job Type:||Full Time|
Optus is a leader in the technologies that enables connectivity with both people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, we are delivering 5G to connect Australians in more ways than ever before.
Our focus on the customer experience, embracing a challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence is the pivot of our success. We look for ways forward, by believing in better and then making it happen. Because nothing can change without action. And it all starts with one word. Yes. So, are you in?
The Senior Application Developer role is dedicated to the design, build and operation of end user products tightly integrated with our digital experience and network infrastructure.
As part of this team, you will join passionate engineers, seasoned designers and product innovators on a journey to build the next generation of network-enabled digital experiences.
You will be responsible to engineer bespoke Voice applications as a subject matter expert in the Digital Networks team, developing new use cases and delivering them on our Container as a Service (CaaS) platform whilst incorporating the DevOps way of working.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Experience Required
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">A technical qualification (degree) in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) or equivalent
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Knowledge of business processes and technical strategies that enable IT to support business needs
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the operations team of a large complex organization such as a Tier 1 telco or Bank.
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Demonstrated experience in build and release management processes. ( CI / CD )
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Demonstrated strong platform and infrastructure design knowledge
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Demonstrated in depth knowledge and understanding of various security & network protocols such as diameter, sip, rtp, rtcp.
- <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Demonstrated strong knowledge and skills utilizing Opensource systems and applications
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.