|Location:||Albany, Barrow Island, Broome, Bunbury, Canning Vale, Cannington, Carnarvon, Collie, Derby, Geraldton, Gosnells, Highgate, Hope Valley, Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Karratha, Kewdale, Kwinana Beach, Laverton, Maddington, Malaga, Mardie, Mount Sheila, Mulga Downs, Narngulu, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Northam, Nowergup, Onslow, Perth, Pinjar, Port Hedland, Redcliffe, Rothsay, Secret Harbour, Telfer, West Perth, West Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia, Western Australia|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
As part of the Mining team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere. As a result, we are currently seeking several experienced Service Persons to join the Downer team at Karara Mine in the mid west region of WA.
Downer Mining's scope of work with KML consists of primarily of drill and blast, load and haul, stockpile re-handle and associated maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will play an integral role monitoring plant and equipment condition to ensure correct function and diagnose faulty mechanics. You will also ensure the service vehicle is stocked with correct levels of oil/grease/fuel daily and perform all duties as requested by Maintenance Supervisor.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Checking, servicing and making minor repairs to equipment
- Completing in-pit refuelling of all heavy mining equipment
- Carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the service truck
- Undertaking a duty of care for yourself and others at all times and adhere to policy and procedures.
- Hold a current HR Licence
- Previous experience with heavy mobile plant servicing such as Caterpillar Trucks, D9, D10 Dozers, Graders 14 & 16M
- Self-motivation, with strong communication skills and with the ability to manage your own time and work unsupervised
- Ability to perform as part of a team
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Permanent Rooms
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO (short 45min from Perth), operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of nights and then days. We promote a healthy work/life balance which includes excellent on-site amenities such as gym, basketball courts, pool, putting green. All living facilities including modern en-suite rooms and a quality meal services.
Please apply with your current resume or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.