|Location:||Albany, Barrow Island, Broome, Bunbury, Canning Vale, Cannington, Carnarvon, Collie, Derby, Geraldton, Gosnells, Highgate, Hope Valley, Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Karratha, Kewdale, Kwinana Beach, Laverton, Maddington, Malaga, Mardie, Mount Sheila, Mulga Downs, Narngulu, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Northam, Nowergup, Onslow, Perth, Pinjar, Port Hedland, Redcliffe, Rothsay, Secret Harbour, Telfer, West Perth, West Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia, Western Australia|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere.
As a result, we are currently seeking several experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to join the Downer Mining team at Karara Mine in the Gascoyne region of WA on a 2:1 roster. Downer Mining's scope of work with KML consists primarily of drill and blast, load and haul, stockpile rehandle and associated maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, your focus will be on reliability and quality, whilst carrying out service and maintenance on large scale earthmoving fleet in a mining environment. As well as service and maintenance, you will also complete scheduled breakdown maintenance in field and workshop as well as carrying out preventative maintenance inspections.
- Demonstrated experience servicing and maintaining CAT 777C, 793, 793F- Trucks, Shovels - 6050,6060, Wheel Loaders - WA600, WA900, 980K, 930H and Graders - 16M, 14H, KOMATSU Excavators - PC4000, PC1250, PC200
- Experience in servicing CAT MD6420, SKSS, DR580, Atlas Copco/EPIROC D65 Drill Rigs - PREFERABLE
- Australian recognised Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
- Valid Driver's Licence
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary with incentive $$
- Permanent positions
- Secure full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of nights and then days (Yes - home on your last shift!)
Downer promotes a healthy work/life balance which includes on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms and quality meal services. This is an exciting opportunity to join Downer at Karara - just a short 45 min flight from Perth.
Please apply with your current resume to this application in the first instance or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.