|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for all the low value tactical sourcing between $5k and $500k (although there is scope for the upper and lower numbers to change). The procurement specialist will ensure that all spend is compliant to Optus policies and will drive competitive sourcing to ensure best value for Optus. The Procurement specialist will work closely with the strategic projects and category management teams to ensure they are procuring in line with the current category plans and with Optus preferred vendors.
- Conduct RFQ / RFP events using Ariba system and ensure compliance to policy for WOC exceptions. Assisting the business in drafting scope and contract creation in conjunction with contract manager and legal.
- Provide SME advice to the business for all procurement activities within the spend range and categories they are responsible for, including assisting drafting award approval documentation, contract deviation and WOC exception documentation.
- Conduct supplier e-Auction, n Bids and a Buy and other best practise supplier engagement methods using the Ariba platform.
- Support Internal Customers overcome process obstacles and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensuring contracts are renewed prior to expiration, and work with the business to ensure a competitive sourcing event is run in enough time to renew the contract.
- Drive supplier consolidation in conjunction with the Category Managers to reduce the long tail of Optus suppliers.
- Provide SME advice and conduct trainings to BU Procurement teams and business users in Procurement policies and processes
Experience and Qualifications
- 2-3 years procurement experience in a large corporate with multiple stakeholders
- Microsoft Office applications
- Adept in using systems and technologies
- Effective communication skill with stakeholders
- Good writing/documentation skill
- Negotiation skills
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.