|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: Field Services Operations
Location: Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: more than 50% statewide
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for Field Services trainees to join our team. You'll install state of the art equipment and an opportunity to learn from experienced riggers and technicians as you build, integrate and upgrade sites for some of the biggest names in Australian telecommunications.
You will have an opportunity to travel frequently, installing 5G antennas and radio units, connecting and testing high speed transmission link and preparing equipment for installation on site.
We’ll support your learning and development and set you up for success by providing:
- a nationally recognized qualification (ICT30519 Certificate 3 in Telecommunications Technology)
- industry training and certifications including Construction Industry White Card, High Risk Work License (Dogging and Basic Rigging), Working at Heights, Tower Rescue, First Aid/CPR and RF EME awareness
- interesting and challenging work in a safe and positive team environment
- structured on the job learning and ongoing supervision, coaching and mentoring
- opportunities to participate in Ericsson Industry Initiatives
- all your uniform, personal protective equipment (PPE) and tools
This paid traineeship is offered as a two-year fixed term contract. At the end of your traineeship you’ll be considered for full time employment with Ericsson.
Our trainee program is supported by government funding and comprises a blend of practical hands-on experience and formal learning in a friendly, dynamic, high-performing team environment.
What to expect:
- Essential industry training on the first 3 months to ensure safety in working onsite
- Placement in an existing field services team and enrollment in Certificate 3 in Telecommunications Technology
- Work with the assigned team for two years, and be coached and mentored throughout the structured trainee program
- Exposure to the broadest variety of technologies and work types possible, with opportunities to discover interests and potential career directions
- Regular conversations about career goals and aspirations to join Ericsson as a full-time member of the FSO team.
This traineeship combines two telecommunications field services roles: Technician and Rigger (or as we like to say, ‘Trigger’!)
Telecommunications Riggers specialize in safely lifting, installing, connecting and removing communications equipment (e.g. antennas and radio units), cables and tower infrastructure at height. To succeed in this part of the role you’ll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at heights of up to 60m.
Telecommunications Technicians specialize in the installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting of optical fiber and radio transmission systems, networking equipment, power systems and site alarms to ensure each site is fully integrated with the core network and working as designed. To succeed in this part of the role you’ll need technical aptitude, an interest in network technology, and a logical and structured approach to problem solving.
In this role, you would:
- Implement and manage site safety procedures and protocols
- Confirm that works meet Ericsson Quality Standards
- Install and integrate telecommunications equipment
- Execute testing, fault finding and troubleshooting
- Manage pre- and post-build site surveys using drones, laser scanners and 3D cameras
- Ensure completion and submission of site records and acceptance documentation.
In this role, you will have:
- Year 12 certificate, TAFE or other certificates in electronics, IT or networking are advantageous
- Driver’s license, as this role requires frequent travel
- Pass state and national Police Checks, and a Fit to Climb medical assessment
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work away from home for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Physically fit and active, and capable of working at heights of up to 60 meters
- Strong IT and computer skills
- Good communication skills and a team player with diligence and focus
- Takes initiative, can work independently and has a can-do attitude
- Committed to learning and applying new skills, accountable for own work
What's in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Ericsson Australia Employee Benefits
- Wellness: Ericsson Australia offers a variety of programs crafted to support your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Paid Time Off: We encourage all employees to switch off to recuperate and recharge through paid time off.
- Work Conditions: Looking to find better work / life balance? Speak to us about flexible work arrangements**
- Employee Discounts: We offer employees access to discounted health insurance, groceries and entertainment through our partner providers.
- Employee Development: Working at Ericsson gives you access to Degreed, an integrated learning platform where you can learn, upskill, develop and measure your skills.
- Awards: Ericsson values dedication, and we regularly recognize employee commitment through award programs i.e. service awards and peer recognition
** speak to your recruiter
Every year, more than 10 000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson Australia has been endorsed as a WORK180 Employer for Women in 2020. WORK180 is an advocate for working women, who provide job applicants with a transparent directory of endorsed employers who support diversity, inclusion and equality.
Ericsson Australia has also been awarded WORK180 Flex Able Certification in 2020 after an evidence-based audit to ensure we have the cultural, structural and technological enablers in place to allow genuine flexible work arrangements to flourish.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID 19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Job Segment: Trainee, Telecom, Telecommunications, Construction, Work from Home, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering, Contract