|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer are undertaking a Defence contract located north of Rockhampton. We are seeking to engage an experienced regional Environmental Advisor to assist in the delivery of this project including upgrades and remediation to an airfield, roads, creek crossings and beach landing sites. Reporting to the Project Manager and Corporate Environment and Sustainability Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of successful projects in accordance with environmental legislative, client and Downer’s requirements. The role will be will be operating on a 10/4 basis from Brisbane or Rockhampton. This position would suit an Environmental Advisor with a demonstrated ability in the day-to-day management of on-site environmental aspects within a civil construction environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Practical implementation of on-site environmental controls (eg erosion and sedimentation controls, clearing, incident response (including spills) and waste/spoil tracking.)
- Day-to-day management of all on-site environmental aspects including site inspections, and any monitoring requirements within their designated areas
- Function as a key role as part of the construction team
- Subcontract management including review of tender submissions through to hand-over of the works at completion
- Supporting and mentoring subcontractors such that the environmental documentation, programs and resource planning and controls are prepared appropriately by each subcontractor including environmental activities, approvals and upfront requirements
- Implement and review environmental emergency response planning and response
- Support the establishment of project specific environmental management system, procedures and tools to provide surety of successful project delivery and compliance with environmental plan.
- Support project induction and environmental management systems/tools training
- Identify proactive solutions to project environmental challenges
- Data capture, reporting, response and notifications to client, contractual and Environmental Regulator.
- Ensure environmental approval requirements are understood by the project team
- Tertiary qualifications in the fields of environmental engineering, environmental science, statutory or strategic planning, environmental management or related discipline
- Comfortably working in a regional environment on a 10/4 fly in fly out roster
- Demonstrated experience in a greenfield civil environmental compliance role
- Demonstrated experience working within project teams supporting and mentoring subcontractors in remote and challenging environments
- Knowledge of the current legislative environment as it applies to the responsibilities of the position
- High level written and verbal communication skills and a high level of negotiation skills and the ability to resolve problems
- Initiative, motivated, self-driven and desire to learn
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary package
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment
- Accommodation will be provided whilst onsite
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal.
For more information about this position please contact: Liz Skewes via email firstname.lastname@example.org