|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Project Scheduler for an AIR project within Defence. This role can be based in Nowra, NSW or Canberra.
In order to further the Project, there needs to be a level of documentation produced to support the Business Case that is presented to the Investment Committee at each Gate. The Project Schedule is a vital document that will support all the other documents required for the Project.
Tasks and outcomes will include:
- Develop the Project Schedule to Gate 0
- Track progress of the current schedule
- Develop the Project Schedule from Gate 0 to Gate 2
- Oversee the production of the finished schedule for inclusion in the Project Schedule
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience
- Experience in scheduling using Open Plan Professional.
- Demonstrated experience in a Defence project scheduling role.
- Understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Open Plan Professional qualifications.
- An experienced project scheduler who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Proven ability in successfully managing priorities and delivering results within time constraints.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.