At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This traineeship is designed to develop a cultured, engaged, and work ready trainee, providing you with industry-leading training including mentoring by some of BMA's talented workforce, and experience first-rate working conditions with a focus on safety, quality and teamwork.
The Nationally accredited certificate on offer includes:
Production Processing Trainee – Certificate II in Resource Processing
This 24 month fixed term opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated individual wanting to learn new skills and embark on a career within the mining industry; this is an opportunity to be part of something big.
We are eager to engage with people who have a genuine interest in starting a career within Production Processing, and come from a range of diverse backgrounds. We are looking for an adaptable, positive, individual who is open to exploring the world of mining whilst learning something new every day.
Our successful applicants will possess:
- A minimum of Sound Achievement in Year 10 Mathematics and English (or equivalent)
- The ability to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with specific tasks and procedures
- Proven attendance record
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Motivation to learn and develop new skills
- The ability to foster a teamwork atmosphere within the work group
- A strong commitment to ensuring a safe and health workplace
- The following criteria must be met to be considered for these opportunities:
- Hold a valid Provisional or Open “C” class driver’s license (manual preferred)
- Be between 17 and 20 years of age, under 21 years of age at the commencement of these Traineeships (early 2021)
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Must have your own accommodation in Blackwater or nearby townships for the duration of the Traineeships
- Strong commitment to your own wellbeing and wellbeing of others
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from a wider sector of the community, including women and indigenous cultures are encouraged to apply.
BHP acknowledge that our BMA Operations are on the traditional lands of the Barada Barna, Widi, Yuwibara, and Gaangalu People. We recognise the traditional rights of these people to maintain their cultures, identities, traditions, and customs on country. Therefore, BHP strongly encourages all Barada Barna, Widi, Yuwibara, and Gaangalu job seekers to apply.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.