|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Data Modeller – Logistics Supportability Engineering in our ASC Shipbuilding team in Williamstown, Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed Data Modeller – Logistics Supportability Engineering to demonstrate their expertise and collaborate with the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team on the Hunter Class Frigate Program. You will be part of a team responsible for the management of engineering supportability data. This rewarding position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop and manage data models to support logistics supportability engineering sparing analysis and support system scenario analysis
- Manipulate and deliver logistics supportability engineering data and generate reports
- Utilise and manage various modelling tools including OPUS10 and SIMLOX
- Utilise Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) products and database management systems to audit, manage, manipulate and transfer LSAR data to other support and engineering applications
- Utilise design capture and data modelling/analysis tools effectively to produce quality designs and products including the interpretation of data analysis results
- Provide support to the product lifecycle management and data management system teams and ensure the integrity of data can be used within the ILS environment and products
- Support the development of the Information Knowledge Management (IKM) architecture definition and implementation for the program
- Provide support in planning the IKM transition from the in-build environment to the in-service environment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive data modelling experience and demonstrated skills in conducting data extraction, data manipulation and data analysis
- Logistics Supportability Engineering/ILS experience coupled with experience/understanding of OPUS10 modelling tool
- Analytical and numerical skills with experience applying them to engineering data
- Strong skills in SQL, Microsoft Excel and similar data administration tools with the ability to manipulate and manage data in multiple tools and data management systems
- Resiliency, good communication skills and the drive to improve current processes
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist –Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.