|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you’ve got what it takes to deliver an optimised integrated schedule for our front line teams to execute across site, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Career Defining Leadership Opportunity
- Opportunity to drive operational and strategic excellence
- Drive innovation and transformational change
Here at Anglo American we are continuing to embark on our journey, implementing a world class operating model to deliver our organisation’s burning ambition. Our transformation is focused on executing Anglo American’s Operating Model with a clear vision of our future; a united focus, building stronger partnerships, we will have a greater impact on our people and the communities in which we operate in.
This shift has had us shape an Integrated Planning and Operating Model function at our Open Cut mine sites. This function will provide the expertise and specialist knowledge to drive change, process efficiency, optimisation, and continuous improvement in order to transform our business.
We are now recruiting for a Work Management Superintendent located at our Aquila Underground Mine in Middlemount, QLD. This is a newly created leadership role that will form a critical part of the transformation of our operations and broader Metallurgical Coal business.
Reporting to and working closely with the Integrated Planning and Operating Model (IPOM) Manager, you will ensure the AAOM framework is imbedded and effectively sustained, ensuring site operational and cost deliverables are met on a consistent basis.
To be successful in this role, you will have a demonstrated commitment to reinforce a culture where safety and health is paramount. You will have extensive experience within a large, complex organisation coupled with the ability to think strategically, plan effectively and solve complex problems. You are a natural leader with the ability and experience to understand, lead and manage the drivers of a business. This is an opportunity to drive operational and strategic excellence with a holistic site focus.
There is a parallel requirement to work in collaboration with the site leadership teams, functional teams and colleagues who represent diverse areas of the business. Additionally, you will lead innovative ideas that will contribute to the overall success of the mine. Lead a team to integrate and maintain the Operating Model Work Management processes and systems. Applicable experience in a similar role, while not essential, will be highly regarded.
Other deliverables will include:
- Lead the development of the Integrated Execution Schedule. This single, site-wide schedule includes all operations, maintenance, processing and other key activities needed for the site to achieve its performance targets.
- Facilitate setting up our front line teams up for success in Work Execution.
- Identify schedule improvement opportunities and constraints and work with the planner, scheduler and resourcing teams to optimise outputs where needed
- Model, coach and support the use of Operating Model Work Management principles with site team members.
- Use Operating Model Feedback processes to both track performance and intervene and improve performance when needed.
- Close liaison with IPOM Operational Planning Specialist Team to ensure alignment and optimisation of where longer term strategy and shorter term tactical work interface.
- Monitoring of Work Management Measures and identification of performance gaps and implementation of intervention actions
- Engagement with front line team members on their use of the Work Management tools and systems
- Lead a Scheduling Team to develop an Integrated Execution Schedules in SAP Prometheus
- Provide coaching to new site team members Operating Model Work Management principles
- Manage interface between Scheduling and Resourcing Team to ensure risk mitigation is in place for specialist Labour, equipment or parts while in parallel feedback improvement opportunities to Technical, Engineering & Maintenance and CHPP Planner teams.
- Significant experience in scheduling
- Proven knowledge and experience of scheduling tools and software (e.g. XPAC, Deswik, Primavera P6)
- A tertiary qualification in industrial engineering, or a related field (desirable but not mandatory).
This is a 5/2, Monday – Friday roster based at our Aquila Underground Mine in Middlemount, QLD. This role is suitable for both DIDO and residential options with subsided accommodation included. Alternatively FIFO is also supported for this role.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
30 NOVEMBER 2020
Please note, screening and interview may take place prior to closing date - applications may also close before this date.