|Job Type:||Full Time|
Calibre is a leading engineering and design consultancy, operating across multiple market sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. We strive to deliver positive economic and social outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live. While engineering is our core skill, we work with central and local government, and private clients to consider assets from a whole-of-life perspective.
At Calibre, people are at the heart of everything we do. Creating an exceptional experience for our clients, partners, employees and communities is central to our approach. We are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients and partners, enabling our employees to thrive and succeed, and giving back to our communities.
About the Opportunity
Operating as true partners with our clients is essential to create enduring value for all stakeholders and ensure the successful delivery of a project. We invest time in understanding our clients and their business to create comprehensive delivery solutions.
This role will be responsible for supporting the structural engineering business in Wellington or Auckland in the transmission sector. The role includes a mixture of technical engineering design and project management, with the balance changing according to business needs.
What’s in it for you?
By joining our team, you will be part of our journey to deliver positive environmental, social and economic outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live in. Projects are collaborative endeavours and we believe that the cornerstone to any successful project is communication – responsive, clear, regular, transparent and pro-active communication.
We can offer an inclusive culture, and the opportunity to work with a team that believes and supports each other, as we work together to achieve a common goal. You'll receive support from Leaders, company funded training and personal development, and experience our work/life balance and benefits including; working from home opportunities, an extensive range of health and wellbeing benefits, employee referral incentives, ongoing professional development and competitive remuneration packages.
Key duties will include:
- Coordinate and liaise with the drafting team to produce relevant documentation, plans and drawings
- Prepare and present neat and professional calculations and sketches to communicate engineering design
- Complete engineering design using hand calculations, computer analysis, finite element modelling and conventional software
- Prepare specifications and produce clear and concisely written reports
- Provide technical mentoring to junior engineers
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or a relevant discipline
- Experience working as a structural engineer/transmission line engineer in New Zealand (ideally for Transpower)
- Design and construction of a variety of structural types
- Significant relevant experience in a consulting engineering organisation
- Significant experience in the design of transmission line structures
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong skills in software specific to transmission line structural design.
We are looking for someone who sincerely want to be part of the Calibre family/do their best for our clients and partners. If you are ready to join a dynamic, collaborative team and work with leading clients, apply now!