|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Due to significant growth on our Eliwana iron ore project, we are seeking a Senior Shift Supervisors to join our Project team. FIFO Perth. 8:6 roster.
The Senior Shift Supervisor position is a newly created role in line with forthcoming demand from the Eliwana Project; planned increase in production will see employee numbers grow to approx. 450. Reporting to the production superintendent, you will provide leadership to mining crews by developing short-term work and resource plans (people and equipment) and targets consistent with the overall project mining production plans. Meeting production targets as measured by site KPIs and effective management of OHSE is key to this role. The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing the project team with effective leadership, planning and resources to achieve project zero harm, quality, performance and financial and operational targets
- Key stakeholder engagement; working closely with our client, and Downer’s leadership group
- Making recommendations and implement improvements to safety and security procedures.
- Ensuring that all personnel and subcontractor personnel are adequately instructed concerning safety procedures and systems and that these are complied with.
- Conducting monthly workplace safety inspections and provide reports to the Project Manager.
- Conducting toolbox talks and effective shift handovers.
- Tracking crew/team performance and ensure daily issues are dealt with.
- Working collaboratively with relevant client staff to optimise production and productivity, compliance to work schedules, and quality.
- Team leadership including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and performance management
The successful candidate will ideally have experience to Superintendent level and proven experience within a supervisory position within open cut production. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in a senior management position within open cut mining
- Demonstrated positive safety leadership skills and safety behaviour;
- Effective people management;
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability forge strong working relationships;
- Excellent presentation and presenting skills;
- Highly adept with work planning and scheduling skills;
- Knowledge and practical application of mining industry Acts, Codes and Regulations
- Proficient computer literacy skills with a willingness to learn and utilise new technology as required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and longevity of employment on a new, Greenfields project
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business, on a brand new project with a long mine life. The camp is brand new and comes with all expected modern amenities.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on 08 6212 9519 or email Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure your application is considered, please apply through the correct channels. Email applications are not be guaranteed to be considered.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.