At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team as Principal Asset Tax APAC to support the Head of Asset Tax to assure the tax outcomes for BHP’s entities through the end-to-end delivery of all tax deliverables.
The Principal Tax supports BHP’s Global Tax function by providing efficient, accurate and timely delivery of tax advisory, tax accounting, compliance, and stewardship processes as part of a tax team across a range of tax jurisdictions, which includes the following:
- Deliver against performance targets, maintain operational discipline, ensure quality of service working collaboratively within a high performance regional tax team.
- Conduct tax research and analysis; assist with implementation of tax advice.
- Be accountable for the accuracy and completeness of tax data and/or analysis provided to tax management or other internal/external stakeholders, ensuring that tax risks and opportunities are identified, quantified and incorporated in advice.
- Ensure that tax accounting, forecasting and reporting activities are performed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and assist with planning for such activities.
- Develop business partner relationships with key stakeholders within the businesses and functions.
- Develop good relationships with key regulators.
- Identify process improvements and assist with implementation.
- Advise and assist on transactions, as required.
- Coach and support team members
You are most likely a driven tax senior manager in a Big 4 firm, a senior associate in the tax function within a tier 1 law firm or from a large corporate looking to further your career in the industry.
To be successful, you will have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience delivering complex tax advisory services and tax compliance processes for highly complex multinational businesses.
We are seeking candidates with strong analytical ability, curiosity, adaptability to work with a range of stakeholders and be solution orientated.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.