|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate .
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for an Exercise Scientist to join our Allied Health team in Gordon on a full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Senior Exercise Physiologist, you will be responsible for supporting the development as well as facilitating the implementation and review of the strength and balance programs in line with each client’s needs and goals across the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting health screenings and functional re-assessments
- Facilitating, monitoring and reviewing both group and individual exercise programs
- Working with clients, their families, co-workers as well as other services so that the service we deliver is the best it can be
- A degree in Exercise Science
- Eligibility for Exercise and Sports Science membership and accreditation as an Accredited Exercise Scientist through ESSA
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence and access to your own vehicle
Skills & experience
- Experience working in an aged care environment
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Experience with Gym supervision
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Working knowledge of gym equipment
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.