|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a fantastic career opportunity to play a vital role within our IT Applications Division,
About the role
As part of our IT Applications team, we are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager.
In this role, you will oversee the integrated technical solutions for applications and maps the functional and non-functional requirements to the systems/technical requirements to ensure system reliability, project delivery and alignment with the enterprise architecture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the technical strategy and roadmap to support the application architecture and lifecycle management
- Analyse and design technical solutions within our existing IT architectural landscape.
- Drive continuous operational improvements and innovative solutions through system implementation, integration, and upgrades
- Develop technical solution designs and provide subject matter expertise
- Lead and manage a team of technicians both internally and externally, ensuring objectives, work tasks and delivery are performed to a quality standard.
- Provide required status updates to project teams, users, and various levels of management as appropriate.
- Lead and manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure the agreed services and/or solutions are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Contribute and assist with the management of the financial budget from a technical system perspective
- Develop and adhere to standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensure the protocols and guidelines are compliant
- Ensure written documentation is created and maintained, especially technical system configuration, modifications, and upgrades
- Act as a conduit between the business system teams (applications & projects) and the technically orientated teams (infrastructure, security, development etc)
Your career in IT can demonstrate 3-5 + years’ successful experience gained in technical solution design as a Lead Consultant or Solution Architect coupled with experience working with databases, middleware and ERP systems. Experience integrating cloud-based applications systems is preferred, as is SAP experience and certification.
You have exceptional stakeholder management skills and sound interpersonal and communication skills. Advanced troubleshooting skills are vital and you have a natural intellectual curiosity when questioning thought partners across various functional teams. Relevant tertiary or IT industry qualifications will also be highly regarded.