|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Consultant role is primarily focused on the delivery of high quality services and requires high level technology knowledge and the ability to map customer business requirements to process-combined-with-technology solutions. Responsibilities include delivering scoped engagement large and small; providing subject matter expertise for enterprise customers and assist with designing, developing and implementing solutions to drive transformation aligned to Microsoft M365 concepts and principles.
The role requires the ability to drive outcomes both internally and externally. In addition, as the customer’s trusted advisor, the role is expected to provide internal and direct sales support. The role requires an individual who can establish relationships and actively participate in Microsoft worldwide communities. Success is measured by quality of delivery, customer satisfaction, customer and team feedback team integration, and level of sales support. We are looking for candidates with experience delivering M365 engagements and related technologies, including core infrastructure, identities, O365 Security or SCCM/Intune.
The successful candidate will be expected the perform the following:
- Deliver services engagements including workshops, assessments and other Microsoft Consulting Services offerings
- Deliver high quality engagements in both large-scale project environments and smaller, single staffed staff augmentation engagement models
- Engage in IT and business executive discussions related Modern Workplace principles and concepts, Digital Transformation, and overall Business Operations.
- Transfer knowledge and share best practices with team members to help enhance the quality of engagement delivery and the customer experience.
- Participate in Microsoft communities, evangelize Modern Service Management, and contribute to Intellectual Property.
- Establish effective working relationships with cross-area project teams and work through appropriate escalation channels when necessary.
- Work as “One Microsoft” to establish strong relationships with account-aligned organizations, Microsoft Services, offerings teams, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Ideally 5 or more years of consulting and/or support engineer experience
- Ideally a BS/BA or MS/MA/MBA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience desired in IT Governance frameworks and project management framework and experiences working large government agencies.
- Experience of M365 technology stack and a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies.
- Experience in architecting, design and delivering Intune and/or SCCM solution.
- To be successful in this role the candidate would need to be passionate about making a difference, be able to work autonomously and as part of an extended team, conduct themselves with integrity, courage, and professionalism as they aspire to a trusted advisor status with customers and partners.
- Communication is a key attribute of this role and the candidate will need effective and demonstrable written, verbal, and presentations skills; with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from line management through to the CIO. IT service management concepts can be abstract and the candidate should be sufficiently confident and articulate to describe, as well as adopt and drive a Microsoft mindset.
- Good to have:
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.