|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about leveraging your industry solutions expertise to accelerate impact for our Public Sector business and support citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world? If so, the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team is growing and we’re looking for talented, experienced professionals with a passion for helping our Public Sector customers.
About the Organization:
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government, both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence, and education. The Public Sector team engages with our customers of all sizes to support their missions and help them empower citizens and societies.
About the Role:
The WWPS Defense and Intelligence mission is to deliver market leading capabilities across the national security spectrum, with products, services, and partner solution. This to enable a safer, more secure world. The D&I team is a strategic arm for accelerating consumption within our three clouds.
We are looking for Vertical Business Leads who will help develop the market opportunities that will grow the use of Microsoft technologies through a repeatable, scalable set of solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will identify emerging market requirements, recruit partners to develop solutions, support and inform the internal global community, and develop internal stakeholder relationships.
You will be part of a high-performance team of peers with similar responsibilities in other mission and business transformation areas. Your scope is worldwide, and your opportunity and expectation will be to tailor market offerings to regional customers to drive growth. You will monitor and coach teams on solutions, pipeline health, and win strategies. You will maintain and leverage relationships with selected partners to increase penetration in key markets.
What you will be doing:
- Build deep understanding of the trends and top priorities for intelligence customers. Identify the prioritized set of market opportunities and map the solution areas for Microsoft.
- Work directly with worldwide Intelligence customers and Microsoft Partners to identify compelling solutions that can be replicated and brought to market with customers worldwide.
- Craft and deliver Executive Briefings and C-Suite keynote presentations on Cloud and Digital Transformation.
- Develop key sales plays and technical guidance for use by a global sales team
- Lead and or contribute to the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of intelligence institutions and partners.
- Measure progress with the Industry priorities and annual targets for growth, wins, and technology adoption.
- Develop and support strategic partnerships with industry leaders.
- Represent Microsoft through industry engagements, exercises, and conference presentations to communicate innovation and technical demonstrations to the widest audiences possible.
What we are looking for:
- 5 – 10 years’ specific experience delivering and/or participating in mission outcomes, enabling technology solutions for the military and/or government agencies in this area.
- Proven track record of building relationships with senior Defense and Intelligence leaders and experience in accelerating agencies’ cloud adoption
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills, including storytelling capability to deliver keynotes with large audiences, as well as internal audiences, geographically dispersed.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating and influencing across stakeholder groups and the ability to work successfully across a complex, highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and influence without authority across organizational lines.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Passion and proven record for execution with measurable results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Masters or MBA, preferred
Location/Travel – You may be based near our strategic customers in Canberra, Australia. You can expect global travel, less than 25%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.