|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career that makes a real difference.
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia?
If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape.
nbn has been established to assist the Australian Government in ensuring all homes and businesses in Australia have access to fast broadband. Nbn designs, builds and operates a wholesale-only national broadband network for Australia including a mix of broadband technologies.
A bit about the role
The Operations Process team is accountable for driving process excellence across critical Operations business processes. As Process lead, you will identify business process improvement opportunities through ongoing measurement of our performance and by proactively engaging stakeholders. In doing this, you will assist GMs and project/initiative sponsors to achieve measurable improvements in the performance of processes they are accountable for. In addition to taking delivery accountability for larger improvement initiatives, you will also provide support and coaching in continuous improvement methods and techniques to operations teams and green belts implementing smaller, local initiatives.
You will work collaboratively with stakeholders and corporate groups to ensure the integration and alignment of the improvement methodology with existing nbn processes capabilities and accountabilities, and other strategic corporate initiatives including the HSE framework and the Business Process Excellence program. As a process improvement lead, you will also be a key member of the Operations community of practice. You will collaborate regularly to share information, improve your skills, and actively work on advancing the general knowledge of the domain within Operations.
Other key functions of this role include:
- Develop the top-level process hierarchy for the organisation and support Process Owners.
- Identify business improvement opportunities through ongoing measurement of our performance.
- Deliver operational improvement initiatives as required, assisting Process Owners to achieve measurable improvements in process performance.
- Facilitate improvement workshops and meetings as required utilising relevant techniques to assist Operations staff to resolve urgent improvement issues.
- Drive continuous process improvement capability in regard to, but not limited to: Methodology, Tools and practices, Process Maturity
- Contribute to process improvement community standards and best practices.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will ideally meet the below criteria:
- Extensive experience in a Process Improvement position ideally in the Telecommunications space with Lean Six Sigma/ Black Belt experience & certification
- Leadership experience in the areas of Operations Quality and ability to work in in a matrix management structure
- Experience in a project management environment and understanding of project management principles
- Process mapping and documentation
- Executive level presentation skills
- Understanding and ability to develop end-to-end customer and user journey maps
- Knowledge of change management
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to develop their functional competencies through process improvement
- Understanding of Signavio and BPMN 2.0 modelling
- Engagement in process community of practice activities, discussions, and skill sharing
Life at nbn
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.