|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of community services, disability, aged care and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
About the Role
As a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, you’ll provide a range of interventions to families post-separation who are experiencing various levels of conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children and/or the distribution of property. These interventions include mediation, conciliation, therapeutic mediation and child inclusive practice under the jurisdiction of the Family Law Act.
This position is offered on a full-time basis working 70 hours a fortnight located in Fairfield.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in either law or a relevant social science.
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Australian Attorney- General’s Department) or ability to successfully complete training to meet the accreditation requirements.
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive mediation practice.
- Knowledge of family law legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
Why work for Uniting?
- Training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills.
- We offer staff 5 days of extra paid leave at Christmas, in addition to their 4 weeks annual leave.
- Salary packaging benefits.
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.