|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Come join a great team with a great work-life balance lifestyle in Gisborne! We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Road Maintenance team. You will provide the Contract Manager and Contract Engineer with assistance and will be responsible for overall planning and delivery of several maintenance works within the region.
If successful, you will be involved in the planning and delivery on maintenance contract requirements for network outcomes contract, optimising resource use and achieving targeted results. This is a great role for a driven, self-motivated individual, looking to make their mark.
About the role
As our Project Manager you will develop strong relationships with key customers in the Gisborne network, anticipating and resolving issues, and identifying opportunities for new business. Day to day you will also:
- Manage the Gisborne Contracts to ensure business plans and strategies are achieved. Ensure the IMMS and IMS system practices are followed at all times
- Manage all contracts delivered by the Operations Team within the approved budget and achieve projected profit and return on assets employed.
- Support the Contract Manager with delivery of services and contract performance, ensuring best practice systems and methodologies are used.
- Provide Contract Manager with timely, accurate monthly reports that include relevant commentary and recommended actions.
You’ll need to have a strong track record of positive leadership behaviours that empower others through collaboration and have the ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships. You will also have:
- An understanding of strategic asset management and local authority activities
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- Proven successful Project Management experience, ideally within Road Maintenance, Utilities and/or Construction
- Tertiary qualification, preferably Civil Construction / Engineering and or Project Management
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 574233.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.