|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Site Reliability Engineering Team at Splunk is looking for highly motivated interns to join our team. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Site Reliability Engineer Intern you will be responsible for …
Building innovative solutions for our next generation of our large-scale Cloud offering. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are working on robust, resilient, and auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users. You will be working on the core compute platforms and hosting infrastructure within the Cloud.
- You will design, develop, and test software systems
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementations
- We will encourage you to live innovation by promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, C++, Java, Python, etc), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure
- Experience in systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc)
- Experience in scripting in/for a Linux or Unix environment.
- You are passionate about learning new technical ecosystems and contributing to building and running distributed systems at scale in production
- Interested in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with familiarity of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing
- Interested in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incident
- Eager to effectively work collaboratively across functions in a fast-paced environment
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
This is a paid internship to commence in February 2021. You can choose whether to join us full time or part-time (at least 2 full days a week with exceptions around your study/exam period).
Does this sound like the perfect Internship for you? Please submit an updated Resume with a Cover Letter detailing why the internship interests you and how you believe it would assist you in achieving your longer term career goals.
Applications Close on the 20th of November!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!