|Location:||Canterbury, Canterbury, Nelson, Otago, Otago, Southland|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for an Outside Plant Designer to join our team covering the South Island.
Our Outside Plant Telco Network Designers deliver high quality outcomes based on the sound application of telecommunications systems and practices. Due to an increased workload, we are looking for another superstar to join our team on a 6 month fixed term contract . To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a positive "can do" attitude with a drive to succeed
- Potentially a graduate looking for a start to your career
- The aptitude to deal with a fast moving environment where change is the new norm
- Be someone who dislikes mediocrity and seeks excellence in everything you do
- The confidence and ability to take an active part in continuous improvement opportunities within Design
- Skills & experience in relevant customer software systems, word processing, spread sheeting and other computer software, specifically
- Arc GIS and/or AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- A proven level of reliability in meeting deadlines, and commitments
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will need to build and grow strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of commercial acumen
- Potentially have experience in the Telco outside plant fibre build, or be a designer wanting to join a winning team.
- Potentially have Outside Plant civil build experience
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in diverse business. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574701 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered. Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.