|Job Type:||Full Time|
With our current workload and future opportunities, we are seeking to appoint experienced construction people to work on projects in and around the North Island (Whangarei, Auckland and the Lower North Island). We have some great opportunities for motivated people to join our team working on some great projects, now and in the future, so kick off the New Year with a great new role with Downer!
- Assistant Surveyors
- Senior Surveyors
We are looking for hard working, team players who take pride in delivering quality work and are committed to placing health & safety above all else.
You will need:
- A genuine zest for working in construction
- Ability to work in a challenging environment on your own or in a team
- Strong communication, time management skills and initiative
Qualifications and Skills
- Have a tertiary qualification in Surveying, but not essential
- Proven practical experience in a contracting environment
- Experience with Survey equipment (total stations and GNSS rovers) and CAD software
- Leadership skills, especially in regards to Safety
- The ability to programme and plan work which includes interfaces with several different parties and work collaboratively
- Experience with all aspects of construction surveying such as survey control, setout, asbuilt and monitoring and preparing the relevant reports including volume calculations where required
- Strong communication and relationship building especially with sub-contractors
- Reading designs and interpreting the survey requirement
- Be computer literate and be adaptable to the changing survey technology
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, connect the dots and be innovative in your approach
- An understanding of HS&E processes and expectations
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
If you have experience in these or similar roles we would love to hear from you. You can apply online and express your interest with reference number 574646.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.