|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Senior C++ Engineer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience and passion, who is willing and able to dive into all aspects of game technology and gameplay development, ranging from supporting lower level engine support to high level gameplay frameworks. The ability to work in a cross functional team within a fast-moving environment with changing requirements is a must, with experience in Unreal a significant plus. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team of developers to help shape the vision of our next generation of games to deliver awesome player experience.
The Mid/Senior Software Engineer (C++) will report to the Software Engineering Manager
What are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Strong problem solving ability, knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- An understanding of how to write high performance code at an algorithmic and hardware level
- Experience working with existing large code bases
- Ability to autonomously solve problems and ensure timely completion of assigned work
- Strong code and system design skills
- Ability to support and mentor junior software engineers in the team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for video games!
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with any other programming languages, especially Python
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience in gameplay physics
- Experience in gameplay netcode
- Experience using Agile methodologies
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more...
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. We’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com