|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
Flexibility, opportunity and incredible experiences are the rewards for your time at Deloitte. We champion and support our talented people in achieving their career goals and collectively celebrate success.
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are motivated and passionate about building and implementing information based solutions. We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte professionals who are supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, to create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of '..and different'.
From day one at our firm, you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we know that you perform other roles within your life - you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace flexibility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
About The Team
We are a team of talented Actuaries, Data Scientists and Quants who love to use our unique blend of technical and commercial expertise. Coupling the power of data with our human-centred approach, we solve client problems with a deep appreciation of behavioural science. We provide clients with end-to-end quantitative solutions, from strategic advice, data management and modelling, to the final execution.
Working between our Business Algorithms and Actuarial team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary analytics team to help a major insurance client to target customers who are most likely to leave and purchase cover elsewhere.
- Work for a large insurer to assess the value for a potential acquisition of an insurance company.
- Dive into solving complex client problems and work on a variety projects from different industries (i.e. Financial Services, Health-Pharma, Telco & Retail industries.
- Hone your modelling skills, develop your approach to delivering projects, work within teams, and develop your client facing skills
About The Role
This role will provide deep statistical, mathematical and financial expertise to support the team's core purpose of providing technical quantitative advice and analytics solutions to achieve the strategic business' goals.
To be considered for this role, critical to your success will be your knowledge and experience in:
- Strong experience working in quantitative modelling or advanced analytics role, requiring deep expertise of statistical / actuarial modelling and machine learning.
- Experience using SQL and a good understanding of Python is mandatory. Other programming languages desirable, including R, SAS, Matlab, C/C++ and/or analytics platforms such as Alteryx, SageMaker or similar.
- Relevant quantitative degree in actuarial studies, statistics, engineering, mathematics, econometrics or related field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data, identify key issues, develop solutions and drive data-based decisions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results oriented, self−motivated and pro−active.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Time management skills - prioritisation of work without supervision.
- Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What We Will Provide You
You will be trained in core technical skills, but also to be able to think creatively and innovatively. We will work to give you projects with a wide range of professionals across Deloitte, to enable you to le arn first-hand how quantitative skillsets can be combined with other competencies to create a leading solution to a problem.
We offer great study support packages for relevant qualifications along with a range of technical and non-technical training opportunities.
We will also provide you with one of the strongest project management training available in the actuarial market.
Like many financial services' roles, a significant portion of what we currently do today may not exist in 5-10 years' time, and our focus on innovation and creative thinking will prepare you and your career to be part of that next-generation of Actuaries, Data Scientists and Quants.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience and career goals, we want to hear from you. Please apply now!