|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or IT-related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development, or data center/operations/computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and a sense of accountability and oversight for complete project life cycle.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Ability to be focused and flexible under pressure.
- Excellent customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Demonstrated project management and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Business sense with a focus on cultivating operational and business metrics for a reasonably complex product.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Google, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
To learn more: check out our books on Site Reliability Engineering, watch a recorded Hangout on Air to meet some of our SREs, or read a career profile about why a Software Engineer chose to join SRE.
As a Technical Program Manager, you'll be as at home explaining analyses and recommendations to wider audiences as you would be discussing the technical merits of next generation architectures with our engineers to scale their impact.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineering and Engineering teams based in the APAC, US, and EMEA regions to drive project execution.
- Manage multiple related projects of high complexity and scope, developing milestones and success criteria, promoting on-time project delivery, discussing proposals, and building consensus.
- Promote project-management best practices.
- Coordinate cross-team and cross-site dependencies.
- Identify problems and issues across organizations, and create programs and processes to solve them.